Working in the hospitality industry, especially as a Hotelier, to change or build a new website from scratch may seem like a daunting task. With Island Media Management working by your side, you won’t need to worry with today’s constantly changing online travel market.
This guide is designed to aid hoteliers and hotel owners navigate their way through these challenges that begin from the initial design and content development to optimizing your website’s SEO, marketing tactics, and monitoring your reputation. Working closely with hotels and the hospitality industry, Island Media Management is excited to share with you Part 1 of a 5-step guide to give you an overview of everything you need to know about setting up a new website:
Understanding the principles of user experience is crucial to provide customers an enjoyable online shopping experience. Here are the following areas you need to be aware of when planning your website:
- Choosing the right platform: WordPress is a popular choice for many and can be easily integrated with online reservations and booking systems.
- A responsive design: A responsive web design allows customers to view your hotel’s website through any device seamlessly. This makes your content easy to digest and ‘portable’ being accessible through any device.
- E-commerce necessities: OTA’s have mastered the art of e-commerce, the websites are built around the principles of conversion optimization. With only little investment, hotels can replicate these winning strategies: making personalized recommendations, simplifying booking process, providing a simple and clean navigation.
The visual aspect of a website play a significant role on a customer’s first impression, which in turn can influence their booking decision.
- Branding: Your website’s overall design should automatically set the tone of your brand and what it stands for. Does your hotel embody ultimate luxury? Or a cozy property with a “Home away from home” vibe? A few factors to mention that effect your brand design is the colors and typography.
- High quality images: Images on your website help tell a story of your property’s location and facility highlights.
- Copywriting: The secret to an effective hotel copy involves being in the shoes of a customer and focus on the unique selling points of the hotel. This will also produce copy with a touch of personality.
Stay tuned next week when we cover up the remaining 3 steps to the ultimate website for your hotel! In the meantime, have a peek at our blogs here for a boost of inspiration this week!