We are coming to an end to our “SEO strategies for small businesses” series. Covering from the most fundamental topics in SEO, to knowing the right components of SEO.
We have discussed strategy you should consider for your small business, choosing a reliable SEO provider, and finally today, a list of SEO tools perfect for your small business.
If you’re still unsure whether you should be hiring an SEO provider to help your business, there is always the option to learn and implement these SEO tools. If you’re already running a website, it is most likely you’ve tried SEO.
The option of managing your own SEO is time consuming – a professional can meet requirements within a set time limit, usually with fixed quote pricing. Of course if you have the luxury of time, here are some great resources that Island Media Management recommend as role models.
- Moz beginners guide to SEO
- Local SEO Guide – How to rank your local business
- Search Engine Land’s Guide to SEO
- Backlinko Link Building Guide – 2017
There are SEO aspects you can definitely pick suitable for your business. Keep in mind that if you’re running out of time and looking for fast results, a skilled consultant or digital marketing agency will give you stronger well reported results in less time.
SEO tools for small businesses
If you’re really on a budget but have got all the time in the world to enter the world of digital marketing (specifically SEO), there are tools to help you gather information that can help you optimize your website.
Some tools will require a bit of spending but we can assure they are reasonably priced and worth the investment. Here are Island Media Management, we also use a few of these tools:
1. Screaming frog: the SEO spider tool: The complete survival kit to SEO. Screaming Frog is a program that gives you the insight of a website. All the page titles, broken links, meta descriptions, URLs, and so much more key SEO essentials. To give it a try the tool is free for 500 pages, so for your small business, this won’t be a problem.
2. Moz.com: Without generating any costs, Moz.com is an online learning platform for those seeking to find out more about optimizing their website on their own. It won’t do the SEO for you, but it certainly will get you headed in the right direction.
3. Google: Of course we can’t leave the most popular search engine out. The internet is bombarded by new information everyday, and Google is simply the best source for this. Research your competitors. Who are the best ranking websites in your industry? Where are their businesses being mentioned? Get closer to your competitors through Google.
4. Ubersuggest: It’s free and it’s powerful. Ubersuggest is a keyword research tool that can help you identify a range of keywords you should be targeting.
There is so much that you can do with SEO to improve your small business. But at Island Media Management, we believe no matter how big or small your company is, digital marketing is a tool everyone should be keeping in mind today. It involves more than just SEO, there are many more aspects such as creating engaging social media, a simple yet eye-catching website, a well planned business strategy, etc.
Join Island Media Management, the most reliable digital marketing agency on the island of the Gods ready to provide you with our expertise and help your business grow. What we do works. Contact us today!