SEO – Strategies for small businesses (Part 1)
Beginning as a small business is not easy. Many of these businesses fall apart in the first year or may not even make it to a solid five years. This is because of the lack of knowledge regarding how SEO can be a great tactic to use to grow your small business.
Marketing, in general, is difficult to imply — digital marketing even more so. However, if done well, your business can appear unstoppable and even looked at as competition to big businesses. We don’t have to get in too deep, the surface of the digital marketing world is enough to get your small business out there: locally or worldwide.
SEO – What is Search Engine Optimization?
In 2017, this question now has multiple answers depending on who you’re asking. Some businesses that use SEO may see it as marketing research, or building a perfectly optimized website, or copywriting, and more acceptable definitions.
SEO is a complex topic. There are many ingredients to SEO, and you have to choose these specific ingredients to make the perfect recipe for your business. Being a digital marketing consultant, Island Media Management can help you identify which SEO’s you should and shouldn’t be using for your small business. This will be impacted by the industry you’re in. Whether it’s food and beverage, real estate, or the hospitality industry, we can uncover your business’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
Here are a few SEO topics you should consider for your small business:
- Website optimization: Regardless if your website may be the hippest and most beautifully designed, without a strong approach to SEO, it is virtually pointless. A well structured, easily navigated, and interactive website is essential.
- Content: Your content represents your brand and your business’s services. The content shouldn’t be too long to sound repetitive or too short for Google to ignore your website. With this should come informative content that will attract an even larger audience with the help of keywords.
- On-Page: Basic optimization to invite in potential customers is the use of appealing page titles and meta descriptions.
- Local SEO: Lucky for you, Island Media Management is the longest serving digital marketing company in Bali, Indonesia – making us familiar to the local SEO standards here on the Island of the Gods.
- Credibility: Testimonials from clients can help potential customers trust your business.
SEO is undeniably complicated. But with us on your side, we will help you understand your current situation and find your target market in order for you to make the right decisions. As a small business, you would only be needing the fundamentals and a solid understanding which we will provide in the following weeks with our blog.
Island Media Management is a leading digital marketing industry based in Bali, Indonesia. We work with businesses of all sizes and industry types in order to help them achieve their business goals with the help of today’s digital marketing tools.
Contact us for more information and stay tuned for our weekly blog to further understand the services we can provide for your business.