The online marketing landscape continues changing rapidly and as a marketer, it is important to stay up to date with these changes. With more competition for the internet users, there is need for a paradigm shift by reworking your existing marketing strategies to suit these new developments.
One of the most important ingredients for online business success is content marketing. If you are struggling with both lead generation and sales conversion, this is a strategy that you should take time to assess.
Content Marketing Statistics
To appreciate the place of content marketing in your overall online marketing strategy, consider the following; according to Aberdeen Research, content marketing leaders enjoy 7.8X more Y-o-Y traffic growth compared to followers. DemandMetric Research says content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing tools while at the same time generating 3X more leads.
A study by CMI shows 93% of B2B marketers today use content marketing with high levels of success. A similar study by Aberdeen again shows that conversion rates for content marketing adopters is 5X higher than that of non-adopters. Another report by Unbounce shows the demand for infographics has increased 800% over the last 1 year.
These numbers are very significant for every marketer. They highlight the trend towards more systematic content creation as opposed to the traditional haphazard methods. Below are five more reasons why you should invest in content marketing:
- More traffic: The dream of every internet marketer is to increase traffic as this increases the likelihood of higher conversion. With more traffic now originating from blogs, the place of content marketing is now becoming more apparent. Ensure your tiles are not more than 65 characters, be concise in your blogs, know your audience and their needs, entertain and educate and ad graphics for visual appeal.
- Boost engagement: Detailed content enhances engagement with the targeted audience. Adding an image will boost engagement levels by 25% compared to using plain text.
- More qualified leads: Brands that blog generate 67% more leads than those that don’t. Users are looking for quality content to solve their life issues.
- Increased sales conversion: Content marketing has helped digital marketers such as Neil Patel to grow their business and you can also do the same for your company. Quality content eventually leads to conversion which is what every marketer wants.
- Link building: Content marketing is a great way to build natural links and avoid falling foul of the latest Google Penguin algorithm update.
Content marketing is a highly effective strategy for your business to stay ahead. It is the holy grail of inbound marketing and will boost sales while also improving the user experience.
Island Media Management, an integrated marketing agency based in Bali – Indonesia, fully understand that you want to get better ROI. It’s our expertise to help businesses, like you, to track what you get from what you invest. Drop us a message here to take your first step gaining success in your online marketing efforts.