In addition to backlinks, you should consider outbound links. These links basically point away from your website to other domains. When you are linking out to domains that are related, search engines find it easier to understand the niche you are in. Additionally, the quality and trust in your site goes up. They also help you build relationships with bloggers in your niche. One of the ways that you can build links is using the related link operator provided by Google. When you use, it you will be able to see other links that are related to your niche. Here are some things to take into account when linking to other blogs (outbound links).
Outbound Links to Boost Ranking & Authority:
- Link to blogs that are relevant – It is important to link out to blogs that are in your niche. By doing so, you will be attracting visitors who target the said niche. It is important to target domains that are trusted, have great domain value and MozRank as well.
- Avoid link farms – Before you link to any blog, make sure that it does not belong to a network of blogs. Doing so will ensure you avoid two way backlinks. Such networks have been devalued by Google and are being taken down.
- Don’t overdo it – You want to have some outbound links but you don’t want to have too many. If you do, you will find that your readers become irritated by the same. It is better to concentrate on what is considered internal linking by focusing on sites that are relevant to you. Additionally, your content, and the content you link to should be useful to the reader and the page well optimized.
- Ask and give – This should be a win-win situation. You should be willing to give links and ask for them. If you are blogging and you refer to a post belonging to another blogger, you should make sure to provide a link so that those interested in the original blog can check it out. This will actually make your content more credible and you will gain the confidence to ask the owner of the post for a link. This is of mutual benefit since targeted traffic will be available to both of you.
- Know where to link – be sure that the page adds value to your blog and the topic at hand. Link to a page that is considered an authority. Link to a page whose articles are shared quite a bit on social media sites. Link to bloggers in your niche area or network.
That’s all about “Outbound Links to Boost Ranking & Authority”, feel free to contact us if you have any further questions about outbound links or any questions about digital marketing. Our team, Island Media Management offers services for your digital marketing solutions based in Bali, Australia and Singapore.