In an ever-evolving, constantly changing, highly digital world, how does one’s company keep up? A cutting-edge app here, a website update there, a new online platform—all these are just some of the modern-day challenges that create a hurdle in reaching out to the company’s true target market.
One industry that’s having to deal with these changes? Travel and hospitality. Though most have kept up with the digital era and have stayed in tune with what’s new and hip in 2017, there’s always room for improvement.
With digital marketing now being the norm due to the increasing number of consumers using the internet to shop for goods and services, your company has to always stay ahead in capitalizing on these numbers. Your website must be a cut above the rest and your digital marketing strategies must be optimized to bring in more traffic.
One way of staying ahead is by investing in digital marketing. With more consumers now using the internet to shop for goods and services, your business must be all set to capitalize on these numbers. Your website must be a cut above the rest and your online marketing strategies must be optimized to bring in more traffic.
To achieve your marketing goal in 2017, make sure you utilize some of these emerging travel and hospitality digital marketing trends:
- Build and sell experiences: Traveling nowadays is all about the experience. People talk about what they did, what they saw, where they stayed and how it made them feel. Create a link between what you’re selling (rooms) to what’s being offered around you. Sell the complete package by letting them know what’s in store for them when they arrive—nearby attractions, restaurants, cafes, and so much more! Top it off with impressive images not only of your accommodation but make sure to include the surroundings your establishment.
- Leverage video: Video content is king and by the end of 2017, it is estimated that close to 90% of all internet traffic will be visual. This means that you’ll need to step up your game in developing creative content that showcases your brand. Using influencers with creative skills and share your brand philosophy is key to growing your video inventory.
- Tagging on Instagram: Tagging within comments on Instagram equals a Facebook share. In essence, you will boost engagement, drive up the number of follows and widen your reach. Your restaurant or travel business can promote all these with a basic call to action—asking followers to “tag a friend!”.
- More focus on in-depth content: Simple photos and general descriptions of what your business has to offer just don’t cut it anymore. Think outside the box. How can you let your reader experience your outstanding service before they’ve even tried it? Experience-oriented content. Through this, you’ll be able to invite your readers to have a mental picture of what they can expect, and at the same time, be able to transport them to a desirable moment.
- Go for influencer marketing: This industry is big on reviews and testimonials. At the end of the day, consumers are more inclined to buy from your company if they read genuine commentaries on different services. Inviting influencers to review your products and services might seem risky, but it is a foolproof strategy to boost conversion. As long as you are offering high-quality services, you are set to go.
While there are much more digital marketing trends available, it’s best to pinpoint what it is that works best for your company. Keep in mind though that it’s important to keep the interactions on digital platforms going at all times. And if it’s high numbers and constant traffic that you’re after, then make Instagram your best friend. So what are you waiting for? Don’t get left behind, get with the times!
For many years, Bali has been the home of hospitality in Indonesia. Throughout those years, the tourism and hospitality industry has grown, and so have competitors. Finding smart strategies will help keep your company stays relevant in this industry. The digital marketing trends mentioned above are just a few tips to help your company stay up to date. If you’re looking to one-up your competition, or simply get noticed, contact us at Island Media Management. We are an integrated digital marketing agency in Bali, Indonesia and we understand the market as well as the travel and hospitality industry here. Let us help you gain success through digital marketing. After all, it’s what we do.