If you are in the hospitality industry you cannot afford to ignore digital marketing. With technology being so accessible to just about everybody, it is time to take advantage of it. Here are some trends that will give you more mileage with your marketing efforts in the hospitality industry for 2017:
Digital Marketing Trends
- Use Visual Content – Hotels, restaurants, and resorts need to sell an experience. The best way to do this is by using visual content. In order to get excellent content to share, consider hiring a professional to take awesome pictures of what you have to offer. It is also a good idea to use client content by asking them to share their pics. Your fans can also share their content, and influencers can be asked to give their perspective.
- Be Social – You will need to get active on social media and interact with your customers. This will give your band exposure and allow you to engage and build client relationships. It is also a great platform for advocacy. With this, you will be able to increase the positive sentiments that people have about your establishment.
- Influencer marketing – This means that you engage people that are considered influencers in the society. They should be people that are looked up to by the audience you engage. You can find people whose social media influence is great and engage them in promoting you.
- Virtual reality – This can be done by demonstrating the various functions, features, and attributes of what you are offering. You can also use it to communicate the mission of your brand.
- Adopt wearables – In the hospitality industry, wearables such as wristbands, smart watches and the like can be incorporated into your digital marketing All these can be used to replace the various payment processors, reduce the time clients and guests spend waiting, and leverage all that big data.
- Immersive storytelling productions – These are being used as part of video marketing. You can show testimonials or stories to your customers, move some of your offline experiences to the web, broadcast any events that you may be having live, create a video to thank your clients, demonstrate how you do things at your hotels and so much more.
- Have a responsive website and incorporate platforms such as Apple Pay and PayPal – The idea is to position yourself for mobile first!
- Analytics – You should go deeper with your analytics as part of your digital marketing strategy in 2017. This means looking into your sales trends, supplier orders, employee overtime and more in real time.
Digital Marketing Agency for Hospitality Industry in Bali
Island Media Management is a digital marketing agency based in Bali, Indonesia with the expertise in hospitality and tourism industry that is supported by our location here in Bali. We are open for a consultation about digital marketing strategies for your hotels, restaurants, and other businesses especially businesses in hospitality and tourism industry. Contact us today to start improving your ROI.